This page from the news archive is more than six years old.
PATMAD Community Newsletter July 2016
PATMAD (Philadelphia Area Traditional Music and Dance) is the organization that sponsors the Thursday Night Contra and SPUDS and supports the 3rd Saturday Contra and Allons Danser. PATMAD also sponsors ContraCopia, French Creek Dance/Music Weekend, and other events throughout the year. PATMAD is an affiliate of the Country Dance and Song Society (CDSS)
- PR/Advertising: Do you have interest/experience in PR, advertising and community outreach? If that's you, we'd love to chat with you.
- Dance Managers: Want to help in a small but substantial way? Dance managers arrive at 7pm to set up, manage the dance, and clean up. It's easy and we'll train you. Commitment is only once every other month (or more if you want) and there's a team of two!
If you want to volunteer: Talk to any Board Member or email info@Thursdaycontra.com. Thank you for considering.
Our by-laws require that we have a Community Meeting at least twice each year. The next Community Meeting will be August 25 during the break at the Mt Airy Contra (SPUDS is playing!!). Everyone in encouraged to attend!
The Membership Drive is August 25, and Sept 1st at the dance. Membership is FREE but it must be renewed annually. Some good reasons to renew during the membership drive:
- You are eligible to vote in upcoming elections in October.
- You have not moved, renewing is as easy as checking a box. No need to rewrite your address and contact info.
- Your free membership is good through December, 2017. A four month bonus.
You can join at ANY TIME during the year; the membership forms are at the front desk at the dance. All memberships expire on Dec 31 unless renewed.
October is Board Election Month
If you are interested in joining the PATMAD Board please talk with Christine Merryman (or any other Board member) about details. The Nomination committee will be convening early in September and searching for candidates for the 2 year commitment.