Welcome back to real, live, in-person contra dancing!
WhooHoo! Our first indoor Thursday Contra dance in two years was on Thursday, March 17th, 2022. We are dancing, every two weeks for now, on Thursdays at the Commodore Barry Club (the Irish Center).
To reduce the risks of COVID-19 transmission, these will be vaccinated and masked dances. Please read the details below!
- Proof of full vaccination (such as two doses of Pfizer or Moderna, or one of Janssen/J&J) is required for entry: be prepared to show your card (or a photo of your card) and ID if we have not already noted that you are fully vaccinated. You may arrive at 7pm to get your vaccine card checked.
- Masks must be worn properly over nose and mouth the entire time you are indoors, except when taking sips of water on the sideline. If you choose to take your mask down or off, you will be welcomed by a board member, volunteer, or another dancer to pull it up or to go outside. Please wear a surgical mask or better (N95, KN95, and KF94 masks are excellent choices; no gaiters or bandanas allowed). We will have N95 masks available for anyone who forgets their mask or has brought one that is not sufficient.
- Masks are optional for callers and musicians while on stage (except for SPUDS, where wind players only may be unmasked on stage. The large open band is too crowded to allow physical distancing for those who need it).
- Sign a waiver at the door stating you are fully vaccinated and you agree to our COVID practices. Provide your current phone number and email for contact tracing purposes. Waivers will be kept and your attendance will be noted on the back should contract tracing become necessary. We are hopeful that we will not have to contact trace anyone!
- Feeling sick on dance night? Stay home! Please show care for the community and we'll see you next time. Dances will be every two weeks as long as cases remain low. Thank you for your honesty and concern for others in our community.
- If you test positive for COVID a few days after a dance, please send email to so we can alert others to a potential exposure. Thanks.
Bring Your Own water Bottle. We will provide water, but not cups. We will not provide food, and ask you to consume your food outside.
Please carry in clean soft soled shoes (not used outside) to avoid damage to the floor.
HELP IS NEEDED for our dances to run smoothly! Volunteers are needed for set-up, and the check-in process (waivers/card checking) and clean-up. Contact Jennie Walsh, who is coordinating volunteers, on Facebook or at if you are able to help.
Please write to if you have any questions.
We are looking forward to dancing with you!